SEN HLTA (MLD/SLD) needed for September start

Job Type:
Job Sector:
West Midlands
Leamington Spa
£70 to £90 per day
Teaching Personnel
Job Ref:
Round Oak - HLTA

Teaching Personnel is working with a large SEN school based in Leamington Spa who are looking for a HLTA to work on a full-time basis from September. The school caters for pupils aged 11-19, who have MLD & SLD.

The school is a special school for pupils aged between 11 and 19 years with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. In addition, pupils may have autistic spectrum conditions, physical and neurological impairments, sensory impairments or complex health needs.

The school is a multi-professional setting in which a range of education, health and social care professionals work together to meet the many and varied needs of pupils and their families. The school benefits from a range of specialist resources such as a hydrotherapy pool, sensory room, sensory garden and health and therapy suite.

You will be teaching across the board for 60% of the time covering lessons, whilst the other 40% you will be supporting in the classroom as a Teaching Assistant. The ideal candidate will have experience working with young people with MLD or SLD, and experience within schools. You must have a degree, or a HLTA qualification.

For more information please send your CV or click 'Apply'.

All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.

All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.

Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.

Privacy Notice

Contact Details:
Teaching Personnel
Tel: 0116 201 4494
Contact: Michael Hills

You may return to your current search results by clicking here.


This website uses cookies. Read our cookie policy for more information. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Latest Job Listings